Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
with Taryn Diamond
Yoga Nidra is a unique methodology based on the ancient anatomy of the koshas. Often described as a prolonged savasana, this meditation modality involves deep bodily rest and the opportunity to reset negative thought patterns in the brain. Participants of this program will walk away with the tools to lead a yoga nidra practice that both honours its roots, and has relevance for our current lives. This program is about more than becoming a yoga nidra teacher, this is about equipping you with the know-how to rest and relieve stress. Yoga Nidra is an effective tool for new parents, caregivers, seasoned students and instructors alike. This program welcomes all bodies and all levels of experience (including none!)
More specifically, the program will:
– ground the modality of yoga nidra within the larger context of yoga philosophy;
– discuss the science behind the practice, including the nervous system response, neuroplasticity, and the vagus nerve;
– train you in teaching the art of yoga nidra, including leading a practice and script preparation;
– empower participants with stress-reduction tools including simple breath work and gentle movement;
– equip participants with the tools to walk away and teach a yoga nidra practice, and to enhance their asana classes with yoga nidra and gentle movement practices.
Taryn is excited to welcome to the program renowned guest faculty, Sheila Cullen. Sheila will lead an experiential and theory-based module on the vagus nerve.
In addition to scheduled weekend attendance, program requirements include:
- Attending 2 yoga nidra drop-in classes at Mosaic Yoga;
- Practicing yoga nidra at home with a provided recording;
- Completing a take-home exam;
- Writing a sample script portion;
- And recording a script portion.
Date(s): January 24, 25, 26
Time(s): Friday 7:00-9:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 9:30am-6:30pm (60 min lunch break)
Cost: $400 plus HST. Low income (ODSP, OW) seniors, trans* and queer, BIPOC, student etc: please email Taryn Diamond firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about sliding scale or free spots as well as with any access needs
Taryn holds the Yoga Alliance’s highest certifications, E-RYT 500 and YACEP. This program can be counted as continuing education credits within the Yoga Alliance.