Code of Ethics
We adhere to Yoga Alliance’s Code of Conduct as detailed here:
- Conduct myself in a professional and conscientious manner. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that I live up to any commitments I make to my students or to the public, and ensuring that my practices and behavior conform to the representations I make about myself in holding myself out as a yoga practitioner who adheres to certain precepts.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment or harassment of any kind.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the yamas and niyamas.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
Mosaic Yoga strives to be active in expanding our knowledge as a collective and as individuals to deconstruct White-Body Supremacy, Capitalism and Colonialism on a personal and societal level. We ask all our students to respect each other and to commit to the terms of our Code of Ethics. We reserve the right to remove anyone who is engaging in discrimination, harassment, threatening language or any other violation of the Code of Ethics and the applicable laws of Ontario and Canada.
Consent Cards and Adjustments
We have consent cards in each studio for you to use.
Place the card on the ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ side for consent to hands-on adjustments by our teachers.
We clean the bathrooms, common spaces and high-touch areas and mop the floors of the studio with a hospital grade cleaner. After the pandemic, we upped our already serious commitment to cleaning to ensure the space stays safe for all of us.
Commitment to Community Health
We are all responsible for self-monitoring and doing our part to ensure the safety and well being of others around us. If you are experiencing symptoms of illness of any kind, please do not come to the studio in person. We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave if they are exhibiting signs of illness.
Please choose our Zoom classes until you are free from symptoms.
Please know that while we do our best to protect our students, we are not an allergen-free zone and anyone with serious allergies should take appropriate precautions.